BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Faux Tuna-nami

So I'm sitting in my friends room, with my friends computer, trying hard not to be to upset at the weather. Why? You may ask. Because living in Hawaii is suppose to be an adventurous time of my life. I went to bed at 2 am. last night, only to be awoken at 5:20 am to be told that there was going to be a tsunami that would be hitting us around 6 am and we would need to evacuate..... So I of course packed a backpack full of supplies and my 3 hour kit (I'm lacking in resources as a college student). As I was preparing I was talking to my roommate and she reminded me that SHE CAN'T swim. Great. Another thing to worry about. Well, everything progressed, the story got thicker and thicker. Anticipation was gaining and anxiousness was overcoming my thoughts. "When will it happen?"

I kept telling my friends and family that I wanted a shirt that reads "I survived a tsunami in Hawaii" with a big gigantic wave crushing on top of a poor stick figure.
Lame ending of my story. The strength of the earthquake in Chile wasn't strong enough to make a memory in my scrapbook. It was so weak that the waves were only 3 ft...... wow. So I've been sitting in a room for 4 hours for this. And the warnings have been called off. .Ugh
Life in a colorfully colored plastic wrap.

0 comments: