BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 22, 2010

Choice #2 Being a Disciple of Christ

1. What it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ:

- Listen to his words (they'll last longer) - Forgive everyone who is indebted to us - Be willing to serve -Ask, seek, and knock - never stop trying to learn -work hard to keep a strong testimony - Don't doubt God's power - Have trust in his willingness to give - keep clean in order to be received into the kingdom -sacrifice things in order to keep Christ in your life
2. One of the teachings that I would like to apply more fully to my life is that of trusting in his willingness to give. I often feel as though I have to depend on myself to do anything. Whether it be studying, taking a test, working out, running a marathon, traveling, I always focus on "how I'M going to handle" something. I need to focus on seeking divine help more often, because doing it by myself is never enough and it makes life WAY more difficult. I don't know about you guys, but I like life to be as easy as it gets =).
3. What is ultimately required to be a disciple of Jesus Christ is forsaking all, seek after the gospel because it is the "one pearl of great price". It is worth more than anything. Disciples need to offer their whole soul as an offering to follow Christ. Also fasting a praying, and enduring to the end are part of our offerings. Disciples should also learn all about the gospel, so that they won't be ignorant to the teachings of Christ.

0 comments: