BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Choice #4 For NT

"What does John 3:30 suggest about John the Baptist and his attitude toward the Savior? Briefly describe how we could apply a similar attitude in our own lives."
In John 3:30, John the Baptist was baptising in the river named Aenon. While he was there, Jesus had come with his disciples. John also had disciples there. Jesus and John's disciples started to ask questions of purifying. When John's disciples came to John with that question, John gave them a really great answer. He said in verse 27-30:

John 3: 27"A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
30 He must increase, but I must decrease."
John shows humility by saying this. He knows that he is a servant to Jesus Christ. He knows that Jesus is the Savior and Redeemer and that John's purpose on earth is to prepare the way for Jesus. John had unwavering faith in Jesus's divinity and his perfection.
I could apply this similar principle in my life by trying to realize the bigger picture of the situations I am put into. This means to see the way that God sees towards every occasion, event and person that is placed before me. I know that Heavenly Father and Christ place situations in my life in order to help me progress and to have me HELP others to be strengthened and grow. John the Baptist realized that his purpose on this Earth was not for him to be worshipped and revered. It was all about Christ and his teachings. I hope to apply this better in my life.

0 comments: