BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nelson Mandela and Truth


“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” The above speech by Nelson Mandela was orignally written by Marianne Williamson who is the author of other similar material.”


I FINALLY found this online. I've been thinking a lot about all the things I've been taught in my life, and why they mean so much to me. I'm still trying to figure out why I've had certain experiences in my life and why I don't understand the importance of them. Someday I hope to fully understand the purpose of all the random events in my life.
The reason I have this quote though, is because I know that within the LDS church, we are told that we have the potential to be like God. My perspective on that statement has always been ," ya, we WILL have the potential when we are resurrected beings." It wasn't until I read this quote that I realized that is not the case.
We have divine potential NOW. Mediocrity is the only thing that puts us far below our ultimate potential. We strive for the social aspects of life. We seek for the admiration of those around us based on our wits and character. That is an important aspect, but our spiritual growth is crucial. How often do we think that we have the potential to move moutains, to heal the sick, create worlds? I honestly, never have taken the time to sit down and realize all that I could be if I just put my mind to it. I mean, I know what I'm NOT good at, but I could work harder at being better. I could even try something I never thought I could do, like playing the violin..... hahaha maybe someday. But it's the truth of my ultimate potential that makes me want to do it!
This past couple of months I've been spending time with some amazing people. I can honestly feel that I have been bettered because of their influence! The picture above is of my roommate Cera who put up with me and my sleep talking! I love her to death and she is a gifted pianist! She is so strong and knows what she wants in life. I hope to be like my lil girl some day ;) Cuz, even though she calls me Momma Kai, she is the one I look up to. She's my sexybeast forever and always!

0 comments: